Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Some things you may or may not know

I have been tagged by May-B of Reality Check.

The rules are as follows:
  • Link to the person who tagged you
  • Post the rules on your blog.
  • Share seven random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
  • Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
  • Leave a comment on their blogs so that they know they have been tagged.

Seven Bits of Randomness About Me:

  • I swallow loudly. Even a teeny-tiny sip sounds like I am chugging a can of pop. The littlest trickle down the back of my throat sounds like a tidal wave. I also hiccup loudly.
  • I have a reputation for reading a lot. When one has this reputation, people usually assume that I read intellectual sort of books, like Wuthering Heights or Lord of the Rings. This is in fact not true. It is true that I read a lot; however, my taste runs more towards trashy romance novels. Give me the classic and comfortable predictableness of a trashy romance novel and I am comforted. I like how reliably the same they are. Sorry. But it is true.
  • One of my goals in life is to be the grandmother with the house full of cool stuff. Like the closet full of puzzles. And the walls cluttered with pictures and paintings and knick-knacks. And the cupboard full of board games. And the doilies on everything. And lots of awesome plaques everywhere with awesome sayings.
  • It took me twenty years to learn how to operate the hair straightener. I am positive that I will never manage to become friendly with the curling iron. I just can't do it. I am incompetant. Every curl I make is totally different.
  • I absolutely love having guests. I think it links back to living on the farm, so far away from everyone, and we never had guests, so guests were really special. I love having people over. I mean, it is almost one o'clock, but were someone to pop by unexpectadly right now (maybe just out-of-towners, anyone in town should have come during the day) I would be estatic. I love having a house full of people.
  • I have a bit of a thing (more like a major thing) for superhero movies and/or TV shows. I love them all- Heroes (love it, own it, don't tell me about season two), X-Men, Spiderman, Superman, The Incredibles, even Inspector Gadget (not the movie, it sucked, just the cartoon). I love them all.
  • I'm going to add a bonus, just for fun. For my entire life, until I was about nineteen, I mispronounced the word diaper. Instead of pronouncing it d-I-per, I was pronouncing it d-A-per. Eventually, the habit was mocked out of me (by Kelly). Actually a lot of speech patterns were mocked out of me. "Like" and "Sick" are two of the most famous examples of those (they were mocked out by Mr. Hummer (high school English) and Elisia, respectfully).

I tag:

Maryanne, Janice, Steph, Ang, Meghan, Marcus, Gina

4 comments:

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Wait a minute: who pronounces the word diaper as "dayper"? It sounds like Kelly is a moron. The American Heritage Dictionary says that it just has a long "i" in the middle. The OED makes it a little more complicated, but it's still pretty much the same.

The Wisper said...

Ooops. I did it again.

The other way around... lol. I will go fix it.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Okay. And I wasn't calling you a moron for pronouncing it as "dayper." It would just have been annoying if Kelly was mocking you for any such pronunciation.

The Wisper said...

no worries, I totally know what you meant. :)