Friday, December 31, 2010

2010

I haven't been very consistant in my blogging this year, but I think 2010 is a year that deserves some sort of written retrospective. It was a pretty good year, even if there was a lot of changes. Highlights include:
  • Graduating university and finally being done my Bachelor of Social Work!!
  • Being more financially independant
  • All my travelling- I was on thirteen planes this year, three of them today. I really took advantage of being able to travel and went to all the camps this year and was in Carolina for the first time and saw the Atlantic Ocean for the first time.
  • Even though I had a lot of job uncertainty this year- my awesome social work position ended- I was never unemployed and have a really good jobwhich allows me the flexibility to do the things I wanted to do this year.
  • A year which while it included challenges (such as flu (my vomit free streak ended), or when my dad was sick) finally did not include a tragedy for me personally.
  • I love my family, friends, and pets. :)

Looking forward to 2011? I want a social work job. I want to get a reliable car. It would be nice to develop a relationship, though if that isn't in God's plan, I am happy without. I'd like to get a Wii. I'd like to do more travelling. I'd like to reduce my debt.

And now there is a survey for year end that I will add at the end.

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before? I went to Carolina and saw the Atlantic Ocean. I finished my degree.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I did keep my resolution- to finish university. I have goals, but nothing I would call a resolution.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, everyone seems to have a baby.

5. What countries did you visit? The United States. In fact, I was there today.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? Hmmm.... I have had some form of everything I want for next year- social work job- had one. Car- have a not-so-reliable one. Relationship- well sure, but I am fine without.

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? July- Going to Carolina Camp

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Graduating university.

9. What was your biggest failure? Nothing huge.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I had the flu a couple times and threw up in a flower garden once.

11. What was the best thing you bought? Scores of airline tickets

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Babies and their cuteness- there are so many cute babies!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? No one.

14. Where did most of your money go? tuition and airline tickets.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Seeing the Atlantic Ocean

16. What song will always remind you of 2010? Possibly Beautiful Disaster or Love the Way You Lie. I like sad songs

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? a)happier. b)fatter. c) poorer

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?risk taking

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? bubble town maybe

20. How will you be spending Christmas?we spent it at the condo with my mom and dad

21. Did you fall in love in 2010?no, though I fell into several crushes

22. How many one-night stands? none, that's wrong and disrespectful to me

23. What was your favorite TV program? How I Met Your Mother and Chuck

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? no

25. What was the best book you read?I have read hundreds of books, so no idea

26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Glee

27. What did you want and get? a degree and travel

28. What did you want and not get? a dishwasher

29. What was your favorite film of this year? Tangled

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 24 and I went to Saskatchewan for church camp so did not have a celebration. Watch out for 25 though!

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? more

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Show off your assets, and dress professionally.

33. What kept you sane? my extensive DVD collection

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? none, I cannot do celebrety crushes since the James Blunt debacle

35. What political issue stirred you the most? municipal election

36. Who did you miss? my dad and grandpas

37. Who was the best new person you met? do not know

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010. Sieze the moment!

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. You sing a sad song just to turn it around

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry this is late. I'm being very selective on which questions I answer --- I should be studying right now, so I'm short on time.

1) I recognized my (law) degree is damn near worthless. This answers several of the questions.
2) Resolved to change my career. This also answers several of the questions.
3) My twins were born in December. This, too, answers several of the questions. I'll stop saying that now.
11) Scores of MP3s, and some hidden-object games I play with my daughter (not the newborn twin, the other one)
17) Happier, thinner, poorer
20) Well, I suppose I fell in love with the twins.
26) "Ostinato" by Jordi Savall.