Thursday, January 24, 2008

The past three days

I started on a different shift this week, the three to eleven shift. I did three days of it before I pretty much had an emotional breakdown. Every day just got worse and worse and worse. I got today off, and I already had tomorrow off, but I really don't know how I am supposed to go back on Saturday.

This just is not why I became a social worker. I hate it, I really hate it. I am thinking I may just quit without notice. I mean, I know it is a horrible thing to do and all, but if I have to go through another two weeks of what the past three days have been like, I will probably end up actually insane. I just cannot take it.

Now I just want to be a receptionist.

I have had a headache since Monday at five and it is not showing any signs of going away. I look like a wreck, and I can't get their voices out of my head. I am having problems sleeping. I never see any of my friends. And I am actually scared to go back to work.

That is never a good sign.

Maybe I will be an accountant. Except that I was never any good at math.

Receptionist sounds like the best idea right now. Or maybe one of those assistants that gets the boss his coffee? Except that I am too much of a feminist to ever do that.

I don't know. All I know is I do not want to go back to work.

No comments: