Wednesday, March 26, 2008

It is all my fault

I had been complaining about how bored I was at work with nothing to do, so I suppose I deserve this.

I came back from lunch to find an eight inch high stack of paper on my desk, waiting for me. Since that time, I have gone through a very dull process in the computer- H, R, down X3, enter, enter, Y, enter six invoice numbers with a Shift Backslash between each one, enter, escape, start over.

The point of that was to print out a three inch stack of papers.

Now I have to go through both stacks of papers and match all the invoice numbers together, remove any extra staples, and restaple them all together.

I prefer boredom.

Later: It is the end of the day, and I am about half done combining the stacks. I will finish off tomorrow, and then I have to put the entire stack in alphabetical order.

Next Day: That project took me all afternoon yesterday and all morning today. I also filed them. Seven hours. That's how long it took me. And is anyone going to look at them ever again? No. They will not.

No comments: