Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008: In Hindsight

As seen on QOWP

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? I went down the waterslides at West Edmonton Mall! (That was a week ago- I overcame a fear.) I also cleaned houses for a living.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn't make any resolutions. I didn't make any this year either- while I do want to start making some changes, it is mere coincidence that it is at the New Year and not at another point of year.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes- Amanda did. Baby Anthony is adorable!

4. Did anyone close to you die? yes, my grandpa did.

5. What countries did you visit? The United States. Exactly a year ago I was in St Louis.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? An excellent field placement! Possibly a boyfriend. (It would be a nice addition.)

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? May 11- my dad fell. September 29- Grant and Rebekah's wedding.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting into university.

9. What was your biggest failure? Not getting a social work job.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No, I had good health

11. What was the best thing you bought?My seven dollar dress from Suzy Shier. So pretty!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Grant and Rebekah got married!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?a few, but I shouldn't gossip. Especially on the internet.

14. Where did most of your money go? credit card, student loans, gas, tuition.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? The James Blunt concert. probably a little too excited.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? I do not know

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? a)sadder. b)fatter. c) richer, oddly enough

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?I don't know

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Minesweeper and Spider Solitaire

20. How will you be spending Christmas?we spent it at the hospital and Smiths

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?no, though I fell in and out of several crushes

22. How many one-night stands? none, that's wrong and disrespectful to me

23. What was your favorite TV program? Bones

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? no

25. What was the best book you read?I do not know

26. What was your greatest musical discovery? itunes on Facebook

27. What did you want and get? into university, a cat

28. What did you want and not get? my dad is still in the hospital. I also did not get a job.

29. What was your favorite film of this year? Hancock and Enchanted. Or was Enchanted in 2007?

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 22 and a bunch of us went out to Moxie's

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? See the things I did not get

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Show off your assets.

33. What kept you sane? having a social life

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? James Blunt, but that is so over. Meeting the object of the crush really destroys the crush

35. What political issue stirred you the most? The coalition thing

36. Who did you miss? my dad and my grandpa and Grant and Rebekah

37. Who was the best new person you met? Veronica

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. Sometimes life sucks. Keep finding something to smile and laugh

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. I don't want to

No comments: