Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Expect the unexpected

Yesterday I was at the hospital visiting my dad, watching him do occupational therapy (which looks like the funnest job ever- play with blocks all day) when my phone rings. It is the same place where I had my practicum, where I had applied for a job, but it looked like the funding fell though because of the recession. At any rate, they called and told m that my job had started that morning, and obviously no one had told me because I was not there. Typical of government.

Today, I remembered how warm it was yesterday, so I just wore a cardigan and no jacket with flip flops. My office is in the middle of the building (I am close to everything I need but no windows). I happened to be in someone else's office at 3ish and looked out the window, and it was snowing. I wasn't really surprised as this is Canada, and it always has to snow in May just to prove it can, but Ibegan to dread the cold bus trip home.

I was freezing at the bus stop, looking through my purse for change for the bus (still haven't found time to get tickets) and realized that I was way short in change. I did have a five, so I asked a fairly cute guy near me if he had change and gave him the flirtest smile I could muster. He didn't have change, but he gave me a bus ticket.

3 comments:

Bronwyn said...

What a nice boy!

LynnieC said...

Way to score a bus ticket, hot stuff!

The Wisper said...

I rewarded him with another flirty-you-are-my-knight-in-shining-armour smile.

He definately was a nice boy.