Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hair

In the past couple months, my hair has gone through a lot. I am growing it out, and so I went in a couple of months ago to have it trimmed, because I was getting a lot of split ends (it was bad). I told the guy this, and he added layers (which I don't mind) but he didn't touch the bottom layer so I still had split ends. To top it off, the prices had doubled since the last time I was in, so I wasn't very impressed.

About a month ago, it was time to trim my bangs again. I didn't want to go back to the same place (I've been going there for years, but as I said, I wasn't impressed) and I was too lazy to go out and get it done. "How hard can it be?" I asked myself. (Famous last words). So I got out my scissors and made the first cut. "Hey! That went well!" Onto the second cut... a solid INCH shorter than the first cut.

It was devestating, but what else could I do but finish it off? Lukily, it didn't get any shorter, but it was bad and I knew it. It was at least halfway up my forehead.

Fortunately, my hair grows fast. It had grown out to a nearly-reasonable length, so I figured it was a good time to fix it. Additionally, I am going to the lake and to camp in a few days and want to look good. Lastly, I got on the bus that drops me off at the mall instead of going straight to my house, so laziness wasn't an excuse.

I went to a different hair salon this time, and walked in and told the girl about my split ends on the bottom layer problem. "Okay," she says, "but what happened to your bangs?"

Wow. She's good- one look and she knew what had happened.

Anyways, I now have great hair (for the first time in quite a while). She fixed the bangs, fixed the split ends, improved the layering job, and softened the hair around my face. And she sternly told me to never cut my own hair ever again.

1 comment:

Rebekah Amundson said...

haha you of all people jen should know that you should never cut your own hair! Do you remember Julie and how she gave herself a mullet cause she cut her own hair? lol Tisk tsk.. oh well - you learned a lesson. :) lol

I'm glad to hear that everything is back to normal and looks great! :)