Monday, February 22, 2010

Midwinter Blues

May and June is my favorite time of year. Spring is arrived, there is lots of sunlight, everything is bright and cheery, and you know what? It all combines to make me outgoing and energetic and productive. Road trip season is in full swing, flip flops are back, windows are open, and the morning sun lovingly and gently awakens me.

January and February? They suck.

There is nothing to look forward to, the weather sucks, I wear a parka and touque all the time- even when I am out somewhere, guess what is tagging along? The parka and touque! It is dark and I am always wearing socks. It all combines together so that I am bummed out and unenergetic. I can only really manage enough energy for one thing, so that is work. I get home and basically do nothing- no energy- so I don't socialize, my house is messy, schoolwork is super slow, and I feel guilty about all the stuff I am not getting done while I watch How I Met Your Mother and read Lisa Kleypas books and eat ice cream and Michalena's.

Ya so this winter I discovered How I Met Your Mother and Lisa Kleypas. Both are fabulous, and I recommend them.

Anyways, I am looking forward to Feast. Sure, it will be my 24th birthday and it will probably be my first day of unemployment, but it will be a road trip, forced socialization, and I will look good. If I haven't eaten up another pants size by then.

Added: I fixed the Twitter thing! All by myself!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

if it helps: today was sunshiny here & I am still unproductive... at least you have an excuse! :)