Thursday, June 3, 2010

Rather personal meme

I put this up on Facebook, but thought I'd post it here too.

Ten Things I Wish I Could Say to Ten DIFFERENT People.
1) You are smarter than you are letting on. Don't patronize yourself anymore, and maybe people won't patronize you.
2) You are the best and you do more than most people ever could. You are my hero.
3) As hard as it's been for me, it's been so much harder to be the one it happened to. Your patience and determination are remarkable.
4) Thank you for simply always being there.
5) Things aren't always about you. Friendship is give and take. Maybe I gave a little too much, but a good friend wouldn't have let me. And also, who do you think you are kidding? Don't you notice the same thing keeps happening? It isn't them, it's you.
6) Get over it and look around you and see what else is out there.
7) I wish I could take the risks you do and let down my guard. You found everything you wanted early because you opened yourself up to it.
8) Listen to the wisdom of others around you. Don't be in a hurry.
9) I wish we were closer.
10) Make a decision to be an optimist. Look for the happy moments in life. They are there, if you choose to see them.

Nine things about myself.
1) I just bought my first piece of "grown-up" furniture that I plan to never replace or get rid of. It is a bookshelf.
2) I have two cats that live seperately.
3) I like being characterized as cheerful and friendly.
4) I love getting pedicures.
5) I collect TV on DVD.
6) I prefer to drive a standard.
7) I find sudukos difficult to do and am teaching myself how to do them this summer.
8) I rely on my dayplanner for everything. I don't know how other people get by without one.
9)Grapefruit is probably my favorite fruit.

Eight ways to win my heart
1) Be a friend to people that usually get left out.
2) Flirt with me.
3) Love God.
4) Choose to spend time with me.
5) Be encouraging and find the enjoyable moments in life.
6) Make me laugh.
7) Help me to relax and be silly.
8) Know how to do housework.

Seven things that cross my mind a lot.
1) Family
2) Travelling
3) God
4) Housework
5) Friends
6) Work
7) Goals

Six things I do before I fall asleep.
1) brush my teeth.
2) Feed the cat
3) Have a drink of water
4) pjs
5) Convince the cat to let me have half the bed
6) lights out

Five people who mean a lot.
1) you
2) know
3) who
4) you
5) are

Four things you're wearing right now.
1) Dress pants
2) dress shirt
3) socks
4) glasses

Three singers/bands that you listen to often.
1) Kenny Chesney
2) Kelly Clarson
3) Five for Fighting

Two things you want to do before you die.
1) Figure out what success means to me
2) Take more risks

One confession.
1) I donèt take enough risks.

4 comments:

Bronwyn said...

That first section was beautifully written.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Bron. The first section was poignant and beautiful. As was the sixth. Good work.

Teacher Lady said...

Regarding your cats that live separately: in my head I'm imagining it is the classic sitcom cliche with the line dividing the bedroom.

Rose said...

We have a lot in common. Except for your taste in country music :P

I like your page, too. Very relaxing.